Palliative Care Consult Service
- Palliative care website for patients and family members
- Expanded hours: 7am to 7pm Monday – Sunday
- Consult our team by entering a “consult palliative care order“ in EPIC and calling/texting the on-call number (just like for other services). After hours: simply place an EPIC order.
- Consults are welcomed for patients diagnosed with life-limiting illness – even if the patient is NOT actively dying and IS receiving life prolonging measures such as surgery, chemotherapy or radiation.
- We provide aggressive pain and symptom management to improve Quality of Life.
- We will lead difficult discussions including Goals of Care (prognosis, code status, completion of advance directives).
- We provide introduction and referral to Hospice when appropriate.
- We facilitate communication with families and interdisciplinary treatment teams.
Let us assist you in providing the best care possible for your patients
Palliative Care Division Chief:
Dr. Sheri Kittelson, MD, FAAFP serves as Division Chief for the UF Health Palliative Care Program in the Department of Medicine. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Colorado where she completed her undergraduate, medical school, and palliative care fellowship training. She then completed a residency in family medicine at the University of Florida. During her training, Dr. Kittelson served as chief resident and was awarded the “Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Resident Teaching Award for Excellence in Education.” She is board-certified in both family medicine and palliative care through the American Academy of Family Physicians. She has more than 7 years of experience as an inpatient hospitalist at UF Health. As a family medicine physician, she follows the objective to advance the values of inherent to family medicine, including promoting humanitarian, educational and scientific initiatives that improve the health of all people.
Office: (352) 275-5769
Fax: (352) 265-0379